Adding captions and subtitles to your videos make them accessible to a wide variety of audience. If you are a creator and use Instagram to frequently upload your Reels, Stories, and Posts/IGTV then you can easily increase engagement on it by adding subtitles/captions. Follow this quick read to achieve the same.
Also, Read | Top 3 Video Player Apps to Watch Movies with Subtitles on Android.
Add Captions, Subtitles to Instagram Reels, Stories
Use Instagram’s In-App Feature to Add Subtitles, Captions
Instagram offers you the in-app feature to add captions to your video content in your Reels, Posts, or IGTV to make it more widely accessible. Follow these steps to achieve the same using the native Instagram app.
Add Subtitles to Your Instagram Reel
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and swipe to open the camera to start creating a reel.
- Create your Reel or choose an existing video from your device.
- Tap on the Preview button to edit the Instagram Reel.
- Open the sticker icon in the top toolbar and tap on the Captions sticker.
- Instagram will now automatically transcribe your video to add subtitles/captions to it.
- Tap on the Done button to save changes.
- Tap on the Next button to proceed to the next page to finalize your Instagram Reel.
- To share the reel to Instagram, tap on the Share button.
That’s it. You’ve successfully added and posted your Instagram Reel with subtitles.
Add Captions to Posts/IGTV Videos
Instagram also allows you to turn on automatic captions for your IGTV/Video Posts using the app. Using this feature, Instagram will automatically transcribe and add subtitles to your uploaded video.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and create a Post/IGTV video.
- Edit your post with the desired filters and adjustments and tap on the Next button in the top right corner of the app.
- On the next page, tap on the Advanced Settings option.
- Under the Accessibility section, toggle on Show Captions.
- Tap on the Share button to post your Instagram post/IGTV video.
That’s it. You’ve successfully shared your Instagram post/IGTV with captions.
Use Online Tools to Add Subtitles to Instagram Reels, Stories
Another effective method to add subtitles and captions to your Instagram Stories, Posts, and Reels is to use the online web-based tools to add subtitles and then post them to Instagram using the app. One such effective tool to achieve the same is popularly known as Veed. IO. Follow these steps to create your subtitled video using this method.
- Open a new tab in your web browser to access the Veed.IO website.
- Click on the Choose File button to browse and select the video to which you wish to add subtitles/captions.
- Further, click on the Upload a File button to upload your desired file.
- Wait for a few seconds to let the tool process your video and then click on the Auto Subtitle button to let the Veed. IO tool transcribes your video automatically.
- You can also add subtitles manually by clicking on the Manual Subtitles button. If you have an existing subtitle file for the video, you can upload it here by clicking on the Upload Subtitle File button.
- Choose your subtitle/caption language and click on the Start button to process your uploaded video.
- After the transcription is complete, you can play your video with the added subtitles by clicking on the Play button.
- Once completed, click on the Export button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Further, click on the Export Video option.
- Click on the Download button to download the subtitled video to your system.
Now, you can normally post this video as an Instagram Post/IGTV, story, or even as an Instagram reel.
Bonus Tip: Try Free Third-Party Android Apps to Add Captions, Subtitles
You can also make use of certain third-party Android apps to add subtitles/captions to your videos and then post them via the Instagram app as you would normally do. Follow this detailed guide to add subtitles to your videos for free on Android.
Related | 2 Ways to Add Cool Voice Effects to your Instagram Reels.
Wrapping Up: Increase your Content Engagement
We hope that you’ve now learned to add subtitles/captions to your Instagram Reels, Stories, and IGTV using the above-listed methods. If this quick read has helped you in gaining more interaction and engagement with your viewers then hit the Like button and share this among your other creator friends to assist them as well. Stay tuned for more quality reads.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.