Through 3 Quarters
The Charlotte Hornets are giving their home crowd exactly what it was hoping to see. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Milwaukee Bucks as Charlotte lead 89-75.
The Hornets have been riding high on the performance of shooting guard Terry Rozier, who has shot 5-for-7 from downtown and has recorded 25 points. One thing to keep an eye out for is P.J. Washington’s foul situation as he currently sits at five.
Milwaukee has been relying on power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, who has 22 points in addition to six rebounds, and small forward Khris Middleton, who has 21 points and six assists along with six boards.
Milwaukee has lost 82% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Milwaukee @ Charlotte
Current Records: Milwaukee 26-15; Charlotte 20-19
What to Know
This Saturday, the Charlotte Hornets are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 116.59 points per game. They will take on the Milwaukee Bucks at 7 p.m. ET Saturday at Spectrum Center after having had a few days off. If the matchup is anything like Milwaukee’s 127-125 victory from their previous meeting in December, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The Hornets took their contest against the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday by a conclusive 140-111 score. The contest was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Charlotte had established a 100-75 advantage. Charlotte’s shooting guard Kelly Oubre Jr. was one of the most active players for the team, shooting 9-for-14 from beyond the arc and finishing with 32 points and six rebounds.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the game between Milwaukee and the Brooklyn Nets on Friday was still a pretty decisive one as Milwaukee wrapped it up with a 121-109 win on the road. It was another big night for Milwaukee’s power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, who had 31 points and nine assists along with seven boards. Antetokounmpo’s night made it four games in a row in which he has scored at least 31 points.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Hornets are expected to win a tight contest. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (6-3), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Their wins bumped Charlotte to 20-19 and the Bucks to 26-15. Given their high-scoring efforts against their previous opponents, it will be interesting to see how far up these teams can run up the score.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Spectrum Center — Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $29.99
The Hornets are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Bucks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Milwaukee have won 13 out of their last 22 games against Charlotte.
- Dec 01, 2021 – Milwaukee 127 vs. Charlotte 125
- Apr 27, 2021 – Milwaukee 114 vs. Charlotte 104
- Apr 09, 2021 – Charlotte 127 vs. Milwaukee 119
- Jan 30, 2021 – Charlotte 126 vs. Milwaukee 114
- Mar 01, 2020 – Milwaukee 93 vs. Charlotte 85
- Jan 24, 2020 – Milwaukee 116 vs. Charlotte 103
- Nov 30, 2019 – Milwaukee 137 vs. Charlotte 96
- Mar 09, 2019 – Milwaukee 131 vs. Charlotte 114
- Jan 25, 2019 – Milwaukee 108 vs. Charlotte 99
- Nov 26, 2018 – Charlotte 110 vs. Milwaukee 107
- Oct 17, 2018 – Milwaukee 113 vs. Charlotte 112
- Dec 23, 2017 – Charlotte 111 vs. Milwaukee 106
- Dec 22, 2017 – Milwaukee 109 vs. Charlotte 104
- Nov 01, 2017 – Charlotte 126 vs. Milwaukee 121
- Oct 23, 2017 – Milwaukee 103 vs. Charlotte 94
- Apr 10, 2017 – Milwaukee 89 vs. Charlotte 79
- Mar 28, 2017 – Milwaukee 118 vs. Charlotte 108
- Oct 26, 2016 – Charlotte 107 vs. Milwaukee 96
- Mar 26, 2016 – Charlotte 115 vs. Milwaukee 91
- Feb 19, 2016 – Charlotte 98 vs. Milwaukee 95
- Jan 16, 2016 – Milwaukee 105 vs. Charlotte 92
- Nov 29, 2015 – Charlotte 87 vs. Milwaukee 82
Injury Report for Charlotte
- Vernon Carey Jr.: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Milwaukee
- George Hill: Out (Covid-19)
- Pat Connaughton: Out (Covid-19)
- Grayson Allen: Out (Covid-19)
- Jrue Holiday: Out (Covid-19)
- Donte DiVincenzo: Out (Ankle)
- Brook Lopez: Out (Back)