Coach K and Duke make the Elite Eight but two No.1 seeds fall in the Sweet 16, Chris Paul returns as the Suns rise to 60 wins, and the USA moves closer to World Cup qualifying.
For a rundown of those stories and more, check out The Sporting News 7, a podcast that brings you the seven biggest sports stories in seven minutes at 7 a.m. ET every weekday.
Building on the award-winning journalism of The Sporting News, you’ll get all you need to know in one handy, bite-sized podcast hosted by Demetria Obilor.
Here are the seven stories you’ll hear about on Friday, March 25, 2022:
- MARCH MADNESS: Coach K’s last dance continues following Duke’s win against Texas Tech
- MARCH MADNESS: Defeats for No.1 seeds Gonzaga, Arizona
- NBA: Chris Paul returns for Suns as they win 60th game, clinch top playoff seeding, joined in playoffs by Memphis
- NFL: Mile High hit by fire, Kansas City signs Marquez Valdes-Scantling from the Packers, Seahawks quiet on Kaepernick talk
- NHL: Golden Knights’ Brett Howden stable in hospital after horror accident, Evgenii scores on Vegas return
- SOCCER: USMNT earns draw with Mexico in the Azteca to move closer to World Cup qualifying
- SOCCER: Italy knocked out of the World Cup by North Macedonia to miss second successive finals