Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Charlotte Hornets, but thus far the points are on their side. Sitting on a score of 85-76, they have looked like the better team out there today, but there’s still one more quarter to play.
Charlotte has been led by small forward Gordon Hayward, who so far has 28 points and six assists. One thing to keep an eye out for is P.J. Washington’s foul situation as he currently sits at five.
Center Joel Embiid has led the way so far for the Philadelphia 76ers, as he has 25 points along with five rebounds.
Philadelphia has lost 74% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Charlotte @ Philadelphia
Current Records: Charlotte 22-19; Philadelphia 23-16
What to Know
This Wednesday, the Charlotte Hornets are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 115.9 points per game. They will square off against the Philadelphia 76ers on the road at 7 p.m. ET Wednesday at Wells Fargo Center. The Hornets have some work to do to even out the 5-16 series between these two since November of 2015, but a win here would be a good start.
Charlotte came out on top in a nail-biter against the Milwaukee Bucks on Monday, sneaking past 103-99. Charlotte can attribute much of their success to shooting guard Terry Rozier, who had 27 points in addition to seven rebounds.
Meanwhile, you can’t lose the matchup if you win every quarter, and that was precisely Philadelphia’s strategy against the Houston Rockets on Monday. Philadelphia was the clear victor by a 111-91 margin over Houston. The contest was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point the 76ers had established a 91-72 advantage. It was another big night for their center Joel Embiid, who had 31 points and six assists along with eight boards. Embiid’s night made it seven games in a row in which he has scored at least 31 points.
The Hornets are expected to lose this next one by 5. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
Their wins bumped Charlotte to 22-19 and the 76ers to 23-16. Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports to find out who keeps up the positive energy and who hits a stumbling block.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Wells Fargo Center — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.30
The 76ers are a 5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the 76ers as a 5.5-point favorite.
Philadelphia have won 16 out of their last 21 games against Charlotte.
- Dec 08, 2021 – Philadelphia 110 vs. Charlotte 106
- Dec 06, 2021 – Philadelphia 127 vs. Charlotte 124
- Feb 03, 2021 – Philadelphia 118 vs. Charlotte 111
- Jan 04, 2021 – Philadelphia 118 vs. Charlotte 101
- Jan 02, 2021 – Philadelphia 127 vs. Charlotte 112
- Nov 10, 2019 – Philadelphia 114 vs. Charlotte 106
- Mar 19, 2019 – Philadelphia 118 vs. Charlotte 114
- Nov 17, 2018 – Philadelphia 122 vs. Charlotte 119
- Nov 09, 2018 – Philadelphia 133 vs. Charlotte 132
- Oct 27, 2018 – Philadelphia 105 vs. Charlotte 103
- Apr 01, 2018 – Philadelphia 119 vs. Charlotte 102
- Mar 19, 2018 – Philadelphia 108 vs. Charlotte 94
- Mar 06, 2018 – Philadelphia 128 vs. Charlotte 114
- Mar 02, 2018 – Philadelphia 110 vs. Charlotte 99
- Feb 13, 2017 – Philadelphia 105 vs. Charlotte 99
- Jan 13, 2017 – Philadelphia 102 vs. Charlotte 93
- Nov 02, 2016 – Charlotte 109 vs. Philadelphia 93
- Apr 01, 2016 – Charlotte 100 vs. Philadelphia 91
- Mar 29, 2016 – Charlotte 100 vs. Philadelphia 85
- Mar 02, 2016 – Charlotte 119 vs. Philadelphia 99
- Nov 20, 2015 – Charlotte 113 vs. Philadelphia 88
Injury Report for Philadelphia
- Seth Curry: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Shake Milton: Out (Back)
Injury Report for Charlotte
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: Out (Covid-19)
- Kai Jones: Out (Covid-19)