Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Cleveland Cavaliers, but thus far the points are on their side. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Utah Jazz as the Cavaliers lead 88-68.
The top scorer for Cleveland has been power forward Lamar Stevens (19 points).
Power forward Eric Paschall has led the way so far for Utah, as he has 16 points in addition to five rebounds.
This is the least points Utah has had yet this year going into the fourth quarter.
Cleveland @ Utah
Current Records: Cleveland 23-18; Utah 28-13
What to Know
The Cleveland Cavaliers are 3-9 against the Utah Jazz since November of 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Wednesday. The Cavaliers will hit the road for the fourth straight game as they head to Vivint Arena at 9 p.m. ET. They will be strutting in after a win while Utah will be stumbling in from a loss.
Cleveland escaped with a win on Monday against the Sacramento Kings by the margin of a single free throw, 109-108. It was another big night for Cleveland’s center Jarrett Allen, who dropped a double-double on 18 points and 17 boards.
Meanwhile, Utah came up short against the Detroit Pistons on Monday, falling 126-116. Utah was up 35-21 at the end of the first quarter but couldn’t hold on to the lead. Center Hassan Whiteside put forth a good effort for the losing side as he posted a double-double on 21 points and 14 rebounds in addition to three blocks.
The Cavaliers are expected to lose this next one by 5.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 16-8 against the spread when expected to lose.
Cleveland is now 23-18 while the Jazz sit at 28-13. Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Cleveland enters the game with only 102.5 points allowed per game on average, good for second best in the league. But Utah ranks first in the league when it comes to points per game, with 115.7 on average. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Vivint Arena — Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $15.70
The Jazz are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Jazz as a 6.5-point favorite.
Utah have won nine out of their last 12 games against Cleveland.
- Dec 05, 2021 – Utah 109 vs. Cleveland 108
- Mar 29, 2021 – Utah 114 vs. Cleveland 75
- Jan 12, 2021 – Utah 117 vs. Cleveland 87
- Mar 02, 2020 – Utah 126 vs. Cleveland 113
- Jan 18, 2019 – Utah 115 vs. Cleveland 99
- Jan 04, 2019 – Utah 117 vs. Cleveland 91
- Dec 30, 2017 – Utah 104 vs. Cleveland 101
- Dec 16, 2017 – Cleveland 109 vs. Utah 100
- Mar 16, 2017 – Cleveland 91 vs. Utah 83
- Jan 10, 2017 – Utah 100 vs. Cleveland 92
- Mar 14, 2016 – Utah 94 vs. Cleveland 85
- Nov 10, 2015 – Cleveland 118 vs. Utah 114
Injury Report for Utah
- Rudy Gay: Out (Covid-19)
- Rudy Gobert: Out (Covid-19)
- Danuel House Jr.: Out (Illness)
- Elijah Hughes: Out (Covid-19)
- Udoka Azubuike: Out (Covid-19)
- Norvel Pelle: Out (Illness)
- Jared Butler: Out (Covid-19)
- Hassan Whiteside: Out (Covid-19)
- Malik Fitts: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Rajon Rondo: Out (Hamstring)
- Isaac Okoro: Out (Elbow)
- Ricky Rubio: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the Season (Knee)